~Of Bluebirds Roses and Christmas~

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

My favorite Christmas movie (and probably my favorite movie in general)..... This movie can put me in a Christmas mood any time of the year (not that I ever need help getting in a Christmas mood!)
Jimmy Stewart is my favorite actor, probably because of this movie. I love the quaint little town of Bedford Falls..... the lights, the snow falling...... the way he comes to realize that he has a good life, after all.
I have a sign that I keep up year-round, but it's shown here as a part of our family room Christmas decor (top photo). I also have this ornament of a scene from the movie.

It really is a Wonderful Life, isn't it?

6 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

    Of course, you know I love It's A Wonderful Life! And I love the sign you gave me one Christmas!

     
  • At October 14, 2008 at 7:31 PM , Blogger A Southern Rose said...

    Becky,
    That is one of my favorite movies too. Have you ever see the Christmas Box? I love that one,too. Guess what? I started my Christmas blog(thanks to you)! It is called Christmas with a southern rose. I still have to add music. Let me know what you think.
    Hugs,Lee Laurie

     
  • At October 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

    Yes, it is a wonderful life!!

    I really like this vignette!

    Katherine

     
  • At October 15, 2008 at 12:26 AM , Blogger Joyce said...

    Oh Becca! It truly is a wonderful life! and this is a wonderful blog~ the song tonight (silver bells) made me smile and then cry a little with memories of Christmas' past..... good memories though....thank you so much!

     
  • At October 15, 2008 at 5:03 PM , Blogger The Urban Chic said...

    Becca, love your new blog. I have the same ornament from Hallmark and I do adore Christmas.

     
  • At October 16, 2008 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

    Hi Becca,
    What a great idea to have the "It's A Wonderful Life" sign up all year round! It truly is a wonderful life.
    I love everything pertaining to Christmas & to be honest I wish we could celebrate it all year round! Seems there are a few of us kindred spirits around. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sandi

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home