~Of Bluebirds Roses and Christmas~

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Away in a Manger.....
This is my vintage nativity as it is displayed in our living room now (the photos should all be clickable to enlarge).
I have collected these pieces through the years; they are not a matching set.Some of them are chalkware or plaster, a few even plastic.
I placed a star "bulb" on this candleholder, to represent the star that guided the seekers to Baby Jesus.
Sweet little Baby....

Rejoicing angels.....



I love the way Joseph can't take his eyes of off Baby Jesus, and Mary looks so happy and adoring....


4 Comments:

  • At November 13, 2008 at 6:34 AM , Blogger LADY JANE said...

    I love that you have combines all different vintage pieces for this,they look beautiful together! This makes me want to head up to the attic and bring down my Nativity already!

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 8:36 AM , Blogger A Southern Rose said...

    Becca, Your vintage nativity is adorable. My grandma had a similar one. I like that you have mix matched pieces. It gives it more character. Hugs,Lee Laurie

     
  • At November 13, 2008 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Becca,This made me think of the Nativity Set my Grandparents had when I was a child. Their's was made of celluloid. (not sure of spelling). Anyway, I wish I had it!!
    I will be back!!
    Marilyn

     
  • At November 16, 2008 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Sentimental Roses said...

    Becca your vintage nativity darling!! It also brings back memories of my grandparents set!!
    I love your new Christmas blog!!
    Hugs,
    Susan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home